It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 10:30 pm

FORECLOSURE Sale Turn-Key Indoor Shooting Range / Retail Bus

Buy, Sell, Trade

FORECLOSURE Sale Turn-Key Indoor Shooting Range / Retail Bus

Postby Vanhorn » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:34 pm

FORECLOSURE Sale Turn-Key Indoor Shooting Range / Retail Business operating since 1988

I am the former owner of NorthBay Firearms, formerly Montana Hawk in Cotati, CA. The business has been foreclosed by Comerica Bank and is going to be auctioned within the next few weeks with no reserve price.

This is a turn-key indoor shooting range and retail store. The total square footage is 10,000. Indoor shooting range is 5,000 square feet with 19 lanes and retail space is 5,000 square feet. The 5,000 sf range would cost over $400,000 to build today and the back wall, four side walls and ceiling are all reinforced with over 400 1/4" and 3/8" Steel Plates including a 100 foot backstop with AR500 Steel Plates (Armor Plated Ballistic).

We paid $460,000 for the business in 2005. This has been a successful business since 1988 and generates over $1 million annually.

Financial Statements available upon request.

If you would like to be involved in the auction, please forward your contact information and I will forward it to Charlie Heckenlaible of Comerica Bank. checkenlaible@comerica.com. Charlie will contact you to discuss auction dates and other details.

Thank you for your interest and if I can answer any additional questions, feel free to email me at vanhornsteals3737@yahoo.com.

Best regards,
Vanhorn

Postby whitey peckerwood » Wed Aug 29, 2007 6:55 am

question 1: Pardon my ignorance, but if this has been a successful business since 1988 why is it being sold at a foreclosure auction?

wp
whitey peckerwood

Postby Soldier415 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 10:06 am

whitey peckerwood wrote:question 1: Pardon my ignorance, but if this has been a successful business since 1988 why is it being sold at a foreclosure auction?

wp

+ 1!

It would have been a lot more successful if your staff had not continually treated paying customers like 2-bit ignorant yokels that dont know their 5th point of contact from their elbow.

Too bad you never read any of the letters that were sent to you letting you know the disrespectful manner your staff were using with your customers.
Come in and visit the friendliest gun store and range in Northern CA!
Bullseye Precision Indoor Shooting Range & Gun Store. Visit us at: http://www.Bullseyerange.com
Soldier415

Postby whitey peckerwood » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:15 pm

Have you been in Helm's lately. One of the ex employees from NBF now works there. He brought his attitude with him. He oughta fit in real well.

There was a part time salesperson at NBF named Patrick. Nice guy & very helpful. Hope he stays in the business.
whitey peckerwood

Postby Soldier415 » Fri Sep 14, 2007 12:30 pm

There were positive comments made about Patrick over on calguns.

Too bad when one good guy gets tarnished by association. I refused to give NBF my business, I made the extra drive down to Bullseye. Well worth it
Come in and visit the friendliest gun store and range in Northern CA!
Bullseye Precision Indoor Shooting Range & Gun Store. Visit us at: http://www.Bullseyerange.com
Soldier415

Postby The Big Dog » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:32 pm

I have been patronizing Bullseye for a while, largely because I work in Marin. I personally never had a bad experience at NBF, but I've heard a lot of the stories. "Gun people" are, as a rule, good people who will go out of their way to lend a hand or offer assistance when needed. But like every occupation or pursuit, there are a few jackasses out there.

And when one encounters a jackass the easiest answer is to not go back. A lot of people seem to have made that choice with NBF.

Any word, any place on what the results of the sale were? When I was last by there a couple of weeks ago the note on the door said "closed until further notice".
"A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. "
The Big Dog

Thank You

Postby PuffyP » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:05 pm

This thread and the one on Calguns where I was named were just brought to my attention. Thank you for your kind words. I enjoyed providing service and interacting with customers while working at NBF. Hopefully when a new shop is opened in that location, I will be working there as well.

Thanks again, Patrick
PuffyP

Postby TheTruth » Fri Oct 05, 2007 4:55 pm

It would have been a lot more successful if your staff had not continually treated paying customers like 2-bit ignorant yokels that dont know their 5th point of contact from their elbow.

Too bad you never read any of the letters that were sent to you letting you know the disrespectful manner your staff were using with your customers.

Solider415, you have a point with that statement. Maybe the owner never got any negitive feedback from the clients directly?
TheTruth

Postby Son of Norway » Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:26 pm

Excellent service is crucial to business survival. Think Tee-Vax or Traverso's Deli...neither place gives the lowest prices but good honest-to-god service keeps me shopping at both places. If NBF could learn from those business I believe success would have found them, too.
Halp us Jon Carry, we r stuk hear in Irak!
Son of Norway

Postby 1911_Mitch » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:03 pm

NBF's FFL policy was horrible. Something like $150 bucks :shock: to transfer a firearm that was not in the store or ordered by them.

That alone kept me from doing more business with them. :?

I miss the indoor range :cry:
My sig line_______________________________
1911_Mitch

Postby jgaffney » Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:02 pm

Anybody have an update on this? Like Mitch, I miss the indoor range. circle S just isn't the same.

A couple of my buddies on the RPPD complain about driving up to Windsor to shoot on the Sherriff's range. Montana Hawk used to be right next door!
If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. That's ridiculous!
If I have a gun, what in the hell do I have to be paranoid for.
jgaffney

Postby moulton » Wed Nov 14, 2007 11:06 pm

jgaffney wrote:Anybody have an update on this? Like Mitch, I miss the indoor range. circle S just isn't the same.

A couple of my buddies on the RPPD complain about driving up to Windsor to shoot on the Sherriff's range. Montana Hawk used to be right next door!

sheriff has a range up in Windsor? I only know of the SRJC acadamy range.
moulton

Postby subdjoe » Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:05 am

I think a lot of us think of the Academy as the "sheriffs range up in Windsor."

That said, I was out last night and drove by MH about 9:30 and there was a light on inside. Not sure if that means anything, and I didn't stop to try to look in the door, but it is something different.
Joe
Justice Robert H. Jackson - It is not the function of the government to keep the citizen from falling into error; it is the function of the citizen to keep the government from falling into error.
subdjoe

Postby The Big Dog » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:53 pm

The "sheriff's range" is the former academy indoor range out at Las Gullicos... aka Juvenile Hall. They don't let anyone use it that is not a county employee I am told.

The indoor range in Windsor belongs to the academy. Not sure how many agencies they are letting use it, but I understand it stays pretty busy.
"A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that. "
The Big Dog

Re: FORECLOSURE Sale Turn-Key Indoor Shooting Range / Retail Bus

Postby 13void » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:55 am

Helms House of Guns.....what a joke!

I've never met a bigger bunch of A-holes in one spot in my life. I've tried several times overt the years to give them some business, but can't make myself do it...they're rude, sarcastic and lazy.

just so you know.
13void

Next

Return to Swap Meet